Sunday, March 9, 2008

My review: Bring it on

Hello Mrs Darling,

This is my review of the movie Bring it ON. Since i aspire to become a slutty girly cheerleader, You asked me to watch it. Renting the movie was already a task by itself. I looked in the video store for the movie but i had no clue what to look for. In quebec, the title are in french and i had not clue in what section to look for this DVD. So i went to the store clerck and, in my most polite voice, asked " I am sorry Sir, i am looking for a movie. (pause)... I am looking for Bring it on..." The clerck looked at me up and down and shrugged. He said it was under comedy right there. I thanked him and went to this section. I noticed there are three movies bring it on. I took the first one, i paid for it and rushed home.

I settled down to watch the movie, but something was amiss. I was in boy clothes, which was not appropriate for such an opportunity for girly training. I put on my red pleated mini skirt, knee high white socks, my 4 inch pumps, my pink top along with my filled bra and my wig. I put some eyeshadow (dark and neutral), my peach lipgloss (i should consider purchasing lipstick at some point) I tried to put on some foundation but i did not make such a good job at it. I finished with a small dab of blush. It was subtle, but a nice addition.

I was not ready to watch the movie. I watched it complelty and here is my description:

Story: The story is about Torrance, a girl who makes captain in a cheerleading team, the Toros. After one girl break her ankle falling from a pyramid, it is to her to find a new cheerleader. After a few auditions (where i pictured myself in front of all those sexy girls), Elisha Duzku is chosen. At their first practice, Eliza tells the group that all the cheers they have learned were stolen from the clovers from LA. At first, the whole cheerleading team choose to stay with their routine until the Clovers reveal that it was stolen. The Toros invite a choreographer, but he gave the same routine to 5 teams so they have to build there own choreography. They go to the final against the clovers. They get the second place and everyone is happy. There is also another story about torrance being in love with Elisha's brother. In the end, the all is well and everyone is happy.

My review: One part of me is disapointed. No woman is ever so shallow, so stupid and so superficial. I actually believe that the story was written by a horny teenager to see gorgeous ladies bouncing up and down in skimpy clothings and then romance was added to please the crowd. On the other hand, the choreography were very nice, very sexy and some dialogue was very witty. I enjoyed the movie, but enjoyed even more it made me feel girly watching a movie whose audience is preteen girls.

Thank You Mrs Darling for this assignment

No comments: